But, I've come to the conclusion to move from del.icio.us to Yahoo's MyWeb 2.0. It provides all of the features I'm currently looking for in a personal learning, social search solution:
- Searching within the contents of my bookmarked pages
- Page caching (so I don't lose the pages I've bookmarked)
- Control on sharing of bookmarks (private, friends or public)
- Categories of Friends (so I can have family, work, etc.)
- Web Badge for Integration into my Blog
And there's the little fact that Yahoo acquired del.icio.us and so to me it seems that I can trust Yahoo to continue to build in this space and they likely are not going away.
My only problems are:
- My Web 2.0 is still beta and is a little buggy
- I need more people to use it so I get more value (but we'll probably all be using it soon when del.icio.us gets sucked in)
By the way, if you decide to give it a try, drop me a message and we can link up as friends.
Note: while Yahoo also offers a blog, an RSS reader, social networking, I'm not planning on switching to those Yahoo services anytime soon. Instead, I'll continue to use:
- Bloglines as my RSS Aggregator/Reader. I just like it better than Yahoo's current version.
- Blogger as my Blog engine. I like it better than the current blog engine.
- LinkedIn as a networking tool. Has critical mass for me to get value.
Oh, and I already also use Yahoo Groups as my Group front-end, so no need to switch there.