Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Monday, March 27, 2006

More Effective Conferences for Learning Professionals

If you've been reading my posts, you know that I've been talking quite a bit about how we don't seem to have applied anything we know about Learning Design to ourselves. See:

Personal Learning for Learning Professionals - Using Web 2.0 Tools to Make Reading & Research More Effective

Do Learning Professionals Make the Worst Learners?

Well, it looks like David Warlick has some good suggestions for what conference organizers should provide:

Conference 2.0 - Ten Tips for Extending your Education Conference

I wonder if we will see better up-front and follow-on activity because of some of these suggestions? To me, that's the key to really making a conference be useful.

2 comments:

Ib Ravn said...

Tony, I'd really like to read your ten tips here, but the link is defunct: Conference 2.0 - Ten Tips for Extending your Education Conference. Would you advise me on ravn.lld@dpu.dk when it's up and running? I'm doing research and development on alternative conference formats; facilitation and simple learning techniques can do much to improve learning and "human co-flourishing", as we call it, at conferences. Here are one or two of my papers about it: www.dpu.dk/om/ibr.

Tony Karrer said...

The link just worked for me. Let me know if you have further issues.