The TrDev discussion has turned the original question into the following questions:
- How can learning professionals get more out of their educational opportunities?
- Why would they want to?
- What would happen if we wanted to make our experiences more meaningful?
- How do we make learning opportunities more meaningful for learning professionals?
- Why would we want to?
- What would happen if we wanted to make these opportunities more meaningful?
- Isn't accountability the final goal? When an organization spends the money, and the employee's time, which also equates to money, to send them to training (or a conference), shouldn't they ultimately be held accountable for applying and sharing the learning to/with their jobs/teams/organizations?
I think its safe to say, that these questions closely parallel what we are supposed to be doing as the designers of learning solutions in the first place.