One of the reasons I choose the Training conference is that it's not as leading edge as eLearningGuild events, but is a bit more mainstream, corporate than ASTD conferences. Although people may debate this.
Some of the mildly interesting results:
- blog still didn't appear in a topic line, nor did social - but were discussed in several sessions
- wiki finally appeared in two talks - about a year later than one would have thought
- strategy/strategic and performance are back as topics after dropping way down in 2006
- surprisingly trainer is also back, you would think in the age of eLearning 1.0, 1.3 and 2.0 this would be down
- notable dropping topics: games, simulations, knowledge, interactive and blended
It's interesting that interactive / interactivity is dropping. Normally topics like "Adding Interactivity to your eLearning" are sure to pack the room. I wonder if the steady increase in rapid and the decrease of effective has anything to do with that?