Both are quite interesting in that they point to the fact that Blogs form a network that is loosely coupled and thus lack the cohesive, singular environment that many communities desire (think listservs).
This is something I've discussed before in lots of posts (see below). But the core of my feeling on this issue is that I build better relationships with individuals via Blogging than via listservs and what we really need is a way to create community on top of Blogging. See:
- Community Blogs - Maybe I'm Finally Getting It
- Blogs and Community – launching a new paradigm for online community?
- eLearning Discussions - An Attempt at Better Discussions in the Blogosphere
- Move from Discussion Groups to World of Blogs?
- Top Ten Reasons To Blog and Top Ten Not to Blog
- I found it inside my blog reader!
- Blogs vs. Discussion Groups or Mis-Understanding Blog Reading and ...