Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Monday, May 12, 2008

Learning Blog

I often suggest learning blogs (see Learning and Networking With A Blog (T+D article) and Personal Learning Strategies). In other words, blogs are a fantastic tool for Personal Learning. I often suggest during presentations that starting a blog at the beginning of any learning endeavor is a great move. I just saw this:
I have decided to take the plunge into the world of National Teacher Board Certification. I am going to record my thoughts and experiences here as a way to keep myself grounded, to have a record of the process and hopefully so that other educators will find this blog and offer encouragement, help and companionship along the way.
I know this happens all the time, but it's a quick reminder that creating a learning blog is a great move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - here I am, innocently reading my blog feeds in my reader when all of a sudden I am reading my own words!
Thanks for taking notice of my little blog and for validating exactly my intentions for starting the blog.

Tony Karrer said...

Karen - just in case, make sure you set up a Google Blog Search / RSS Feed that looks for anyone linking to your blog posts. That way it won't be a surprise if someone else links to you.