Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Monday, October 13, 2008

Survey - Do You Know What These Are?

I'd like to ask your help. Can you please take a really quick survey - three questions only. Your age and then shows you two images and asks if you know what they are. I'll post the results up pretty soon (within a week or two) as I need them for an upcoming presentation.

You'll likely get the point of the question based on the two images in the survey.

Also, since readers of my blog tend to be over 27, if you happen to have access to a younger audience, i.e., students, and can ask them to take the survey, that would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Take Survey

14 comments:

Tom Carding said...

I haven't used either for several years now.

Mark Frank said...

I have used both of them a lot but I am so far into the top age group my eyesight struggled with the photographs.

Tony Karrer said...

Mark - Sorry, the pictures get scaled down by the free survey software I used.

The key word in both comments was - "used" - it's a past tense verb. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm under 25 and have used both... assuming by "used" you mean converting the first into shelving for my CDs.

Unknown said...

LOL

Then again, who still uses CD's? ;)

Tony Karrer said...

LOL - two of the best comments ever!

Erik Davis said...

@Kristen Would that be considered a mashup?

Blogger In Middle-earth said...

Kia ora Tony!
How apt! I brought up the term 'white spot transistor' in conversation in the staffroom only yesterday, and was asked, "what's a transistor?"
Ka kite

Anonymous said...

Interesting quiz. It's been years since I've used either and only in an academic environment. I've never had the need to use them in a professional capacity. Ways to research have changed1

The upsycho said...

Wow! That took me back a bit! At first I thought the last one was just an old computer screen, then I looked a little closer. I don't think I've used one of those since I was at college for the first go-round (80-82)!

Tony Karrer said...

Careful - these comments are getting dangerously close to helping people who are about to take the survey. :)

Picture 2 is not an old computer? Are you sure? :)

Anonymous said...

I haven`t used either also but can`t remember since when i`m not using them!Far too long!!

Nasreen Jeelani

V Yonkers said...

What is sad is my school still has them both! (as in present tense, now)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tony. Knew what they all were, knew their names and have used 'em. I feel old, so tired now, so very tired... ;-)