Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Monday, November 01, 2010

Top 35 Articles on eLearning Strategy

I’ve been recently working on lots of eLearning strategy consulting engagements and one of my colleagues asked me to provide a set of resources around this topic.  I went back and looked at what I had written before on eLearning Strategy and saw that I had said at the time:

I've spent several hours this morning trying to find good resources on eLearning Strategy development and particularly looking for examples to use in this post. I've really been striking out. I'm hoping that people will help out. 

This time I had better luck and also had great luck searching for elearning strategy articles on eLearning Learning under the topic pages: eLearning Strategies, Learning Strategies and Strategy.  Here’s some of what I found.  It’s still needs more, but represents a good starting point for review:

  1. eLearning Strategy (PDF)
  2. Elearning - A Primer
  3. Learning 2.0 Strategy
  4. eLearning 3.0
  5. Top-Down Strategy
  6. What does a real life e-learning strategy look like?
  7. 14 Things We Can Learn from the BEST – Part 1
  8. The Ten Commandments of eLearning
  9. Optimizing eLearning Strategy (Bryan Chapman)
  10. The eLearning Guild's Handbook of e-Learning Strategy
  11. Strategizing informal learning
  12. When a Rapid Approach Makes the Most Sense by Patti Shank
  13. Social Learning Strategies Checklist
  14. Checklist of Social Learning Strategies
  15. How To Create Successful M-Learning Strategy: mLearnCon – Part I
  16. e-learning strategy – the year ahead
  17. Social Learning Strategies, Models, and Roles
  18. Getting strategic- Learnlets
  19. Your Enterprise 2.0 Strategy Is Flawed – Now Embrace It- Engaged Learning
  20. Strategy, strategically- Learnlets
  21. elearning, strategically- Learnlets
  22. 21st Century Learning Strategies- Spark Your Interest
  23. The Performance Environment- Learnlets
  24. Compliance training treatment hierarchy- Thinking Cloud
  25. Use Learning Paths to develop the right Learning Strategy- Free as in Freedom
  26. Strategy as Process, Not Product: The Learning Value Chain by Ellen Behrens
  27. 10 Strategies for Integrating Learning and Work (part 1)
  28. 10 Strategies for Integrating Learning and Work (part 2)
  29. 10 Strategies for Integrating Learning and Work (part 3)
  30. Breathing life into an informal learning strategy
  31. Web 2.0 Strategy
  32. Strategies for learning and performance support: a summary
  33. Twitter in learning strategies: Yes or No?
  34. Strategizing informal learning
  35. Five Steps to Mobile Learning Success by Brian Taliesin

If you feel I’m missing good articles, please let me know.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Thanks!!!! I could really use these tips... you're a gem!

Ellen said...

Tony -- Thanks so much for linking to the aLearning blog and my article in Learning Solutions e-mag! In my consulting and as I communicate with readers of my book (aLearning: A Trail Guide to Association eLearning), I realize that too often the focus goes immediately to tactics ("Which LMS should we use?" "How should we integrate social learning?" etc.) rather than starting with a strategy. Once a good strategy has been formulated -- even if it changes later (which it probably will) -- the tactics become much much easier to handle.

What do you think? Is this what you've found as well?

Thanks again!

Ellen

Tony Karrer said...

Ellen - I've definitely found that most often we are focused on tactics. And that hurts when you try to answer the kinds of questions you just cited - Which LMS? Social Learning? - hard to answer these without knowing the broader strategy.

Of course, it's easier to say that we need a strategy than to be able to get the conversations and thinking to happen.

ttv said...

Thanks also Tony for too many links you have shared to your readers like me.