A colleague just asked me if I knew anyone who was using Augmented Reality for learning. I’m not and I gave him the standard advice about looking through LinkedIn Guide for Knowledge Workers, LinkedIn for Finding Expertise, and Searching for Expertise - LinkedIn Answers. He did that, but didn’t find particular people. Probably I need to update my posts because there have to be lots of people who would be involved in training and augmented reality found via LinkedIn. I just tried a search for “augmented reality” as a keyword along with either title contains “training” or “learning” and found some interesting folks.
My next suggestion was to use eLearning Learning to search. This gave rise to the additional of a new keyword Augmented Reality on eLearning Learning. You may have wondered where the keywords come from. :)
Actually, this leads to quite a treasure trove of great posts:
- Tools for Developing Augmented Reality Applications- Upside Learning Blog, April 30, 2010
- Fighting Phobia's with Augmented Reality- Kapp Notes, July 6, 2010
- Augmented Reality, Future for eLearning?- Designing Impact, June 8, 2010
- Augmented Reality: does it have a place/future in education?- Dont Waste Your Time, February 23, 2010
- More Augmented Reality Videos- Dont Waste Your Time, March 26, 2010
- Mobile Augmented Reality Training, April 30, 2010
- Augmented Reality To Help Military Mechanics Fix Vehicles, January 25, 2010
- Augmented Reality and the Future of Learning & Work, September 22, 2009
- Google Goggles will rock m-learning., December 7, 2009
- Augmented Reality and The Coming Tsunami of Location Learning Apps- Electronic Papyrus, October 26, 2009
- Layar the first mobile augmented reality application- Ignatia Webs, June 23, 2009
- The two types of augmented reality- E-learning in the Corporate Sector, July 20, 2010
- Advantages and Drawbacks of using Augmented Reality #AugmentedReality- Dont Waste Your Time, March 30, 2010
- In 2015 augmented learning in a ubiquitous learning environment will be fact- Ignatia Webs, May 11, 2010
- Augmented Reality in Learning- Upside Learning Blog, April 15, 2009
- Learning - augmented- Lars is Learning, September 9, 2009
- Augmented Reality – Now A Reality at Upside- Upside Learning Blog, March 2, 2010
- Augmented Reality on campus- Dont Waste Your Time, July 7, 2010
And this naturally leads to both the people/companies in the various case studies as well as suggests some folks to contact such as Judy Brown, Karl Kapp, Lars Hyland, David Hopkins and more. At least they’ll likely have a bit more clue as to who to talk to.
If you have suggestions for my colleague, we are all ears.