Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Monday, September 29, 2008

LinkedIn for Finding Expertise

As part of the Web 2.0 for Learning Professionals, I've created a couple of screen casts showing very quickly how I use LinkedIn to find expertise. This is my first time using Jing. Let me know what you think.

FYI - the Jing object does not appear in the RSS feed.

Whoops, I clicked too fast on publish - I will try to get additional screen casts posted soon.

By the way, I'm still looking for a free tool that will let me do this with someone else online at the same time. In other words, record my walk-through and conversation. Prefer it produces Flash Video Format.


Sue Waters said...

What about recording Elluminate with application sharing on and then convert to the format you require?

Tony Karrer said...

Sue - record is not available in the free version.

V Yonkers said...

Only one suggestion: I can't access LinkedIn with Firefox. When I e-mailed firefox, they suggested that I use IE as there are some problems with Firefox interactivity. I am finding the same problem with the updated facebook also.

So I use Firefox with everything but linkedIn and facebook.

Tony Karrer said...

You can't tell from the movie, but I use it with Firefox 2 all the time, including for this screen cast.

V Yonkers said...

Actually, the problem started with Firefox 2. I was hoping it would be resolved with firefox 3, but I still can't log in using firefox.

I was told by the LinkedIn support staff that it is a common problem they are working on.

Busby SEO Test said...

Since this problem started I have never used that feature again. I always use Firefox.

Scott said...

i am having problems with using firefox as well, anyone know anything about the current status of linked in and firefox?

kabon said...

Hello Tony,

Thanks for your post.