- Wikipedia article on Second Life
- Harvard Course that uses Second Life (prior post)
- A Second Education - A blog dedicated to education in a Second Life
- Educational Opportunities of Second Life - Educause
- How Not to Teach in Second Life - An interview with the Second Life founder
These are great resources and will likely open your eyes a bit. I think that Second Life is not going to turn out to be the winner because of technical issues, e.g., firewalls. However, I think that the next generation of Second Life will displace tools like WebEx for many online events. Once you add in presence audio (you hear people close to you) and whiteboarding tools, it will make for very interesting opportunities.