Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Thursday, July 24, 2008

NASA Images

NASA Images was just launched (press release) and it uses software that was partly developed by my firm TechEmpower. It has a bunch of neat features that makes it fun to play with, especially the ability to create different kinds of widgets of groups and images and workspaces. Warning, if you go there and like these kinds of things, prepare to spend a bit of time playing.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I could waste a few days on there...

Anonymous said...

hi tony,
i know you are a very busy person. But I would like to get your views on the futur of eLearning companies, especially ones that are fighting the battle solely based on pricing, with only the publishers as their allies.

Please direct me to someone else, in case you can't give me some time. but please do respond.

Tony Karrer said...

wip - I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person with that issue. :)

Srinivas - if you can compose a bit more detail of what you are asking, I'll see if I can respond.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony, this is really cool!!!

BTW, I'm a new blogger in town and have been reading your posts for some time now. Do visit my space. I have linked one of your posts in response to LC's Big Q. Let me know your thoughts on the same. (if time permits :)
www.sameerlele.blogspot.com

Blogger In Middle-earth said...

Kia ora Tony!

Thanks for this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have a lot of time for NASA. Wonderful resources! I have used so many of NASA's images in resources I've built - I must have chosen near a thousand of them. All that's required is Courtesy NASA and I've always acknowledged their existence through this label whenever I've used an image from their many sites.

Long live NASA!

Ka kite
from Middle-earth