Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Monday, January 28, 2008

Human Computer Interfaces

The post questioning Cursive Writing has turned to a few questions of alternative human computer interfaces. This is a fun discussion. Thought I'd post a couple of pictures here that go along with the recent discussion.

A picture of the direct brain interface that allows input direct control of mouse via brain ...


Conceptually what is happening ...


Wearable computing, full high end PC with connectivity ...


Automotive repair interface seen through projection on glasses...


What I plan to look like in 25 years ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume that means you're planning to have at least one facelift between now and then to retain those youthful good looks ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's cool but machine makes us lazy.

Paul said...

I think Human Interface design is quite important to instructional design. Sometimes we can only go so far in that direction because we're working with concepts and theories in our content, but if there's ever a way to mix HI into my work physically, I try to add it.

I also think that companies like Apple and movements like Web 2.0 are now making a push toward more intuitive HI design. I know for my part the Web has certainly gotten a lot easier to use and there are so many tools out there to accomplish little things or answer certain questions easily.

Personally, I hope I look more like Commander Data in a few decades, rather than RoboCop. ;)

bill7tx said...

Resistance is futile! Surrender to the Borg!