Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Friday, September 07, 2007

End of an Era - Authorware

Just saw an Adobe announcement that they plan to discontinue development of Authorware. Since it was the first multimedia authoring tool I ever used, it certainly is bringing back some memories of some pretty cool work (and headaches).

Goodbye Authorware. Thanks for the memories.

6 comments:

Brian Dusablon said...

Ahhh, Authorware. I remember those days. It was the first development tool I ever used. Very logical workflow, but difficult learning curve.

I won't necessarily miss it, because I really enjoy Flash, but definitely worth a minute to reminisce!

Mike @ Farmstay El Porton Verde said...

Just three years ago and I was in grad school MS Instructional Design & Technology and the profs tried to force us to use Authorware to do multimedia assignments . . . that didn't go over too well since those that had MM authoring experience used Flash. Good example of "those who teach . . ." :)

Herr Macintosh said...

Authorware was killed a long time ago (I believe the last update was in 2003), we just got the news now.

Anonymous said...

I agree before joining some 3 years ago I too got used to it ...Really was a complicate function...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes, I just know.

I want to use Authorware for building cai.
News tell use another instead Authorware such Captiva, Flash, Director !!!