I was talking with someone last night who asked me what some of the bigger eLearning Trends were. I told him about eLearning 2.0 and the move to DIY. But I also promised to point him to some of my posts that I thought would help him get a handle on the most important eLearning Trends going on today:
- eLearning Trend #1 - eLearning 2.0 - see What is eLearning 2.0? and eLearning 1.0 vs. 2.0
- eLearning Trend #2 - Virtual Environments - see Second Life and Learning
- eLearning Trend #3 - Open Source and Free Tools
- eLearning Trend #4 - Do-It-Yourself Learning - see Disruptive Changes in Learning, Personal Learning for Learning Professionals - Using Web 2.0 Tools for Personal Learning
- eLearning Trend #5 - Course and Courseware Fading - The Future of eLearning
- eLearning Trend #6 - Emergent Systems - Direction of eLearning - Emergence or Big System, Future Platforms for eLearning
- eLearning Trend #7 - Composition, Add-ins, Mash-ups - Incredibly Cool! Vision of Future of Application and eLearning Development, Point Solutions vs. Suites and Composition , Authoring in eLearning 2.0 / Add-ins & Mash-ups
- eLearning Trend #8 - Move towards easier, faster tools - View of eLearning Development Approaches - Ease vs. Power
- eLearning Trend #9 - Shift in LMS - Do You WANT an LMS? Does a Learner WANT an LMS?
- Other eLearning Trends - Hot Topics in Training - A Crude (but mildly interesting) Analysis
This is a hopeless exercise because of the depth and breadth of what's happening in eLearning. However, this should be a good basis for diving in deeper.